Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 USPS real time shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cissp
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - June 18 2009 :  12:27:05  Show Profile  Visit cissp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we are done with testing and contact your customer service and we have been moved to production, however, when the customer click on USPS shipping, they only get the options to ship via express mail to PO address or priority mail. The API is not showing prices for other services types such as media mail, regular ground or express or 2 days ( we ship books) or express mail within the US.

We ship using all USPS services throughout the USA and internationally. I looked at the method call contstants in USPSconfig.asp and here they are:

' Shipping methods
' Service types available for domestic and international customer to choose from
' ExcludeServiceTypes will remove service types with the entered keywords
const DomesticServiceTypes="First Class,Priority,Express,media"
const IntServiceTypes="First Class,Priority,Express,media"
const ExcludeServiceTypes="Envelope,Box"

what is wrong with the page? I contacted USPS and they said our account is enabled to access all services and its the code in the ASP for the shopping cart. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Andrew

cissp
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - June 19 2009 :  11:18:26  Show Profile  Visit cissp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

Just in case someone runs into the same issue. I fixed the problem by removing "box" from the excluded service. so in the USPSconfig.asp modify line:
const ExcludeServiceTypes="Envelope,Box"
and make it like this:
const ExcludeServiceTypes="Envelope"

Now USPS real time shows all service types in the drop down menu.
Go to Top of Page

seeuhome
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - June 28 2009 :  21:45:44  Show Profile  Visit seeuhome's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Should this be fixed by VPASP?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00