Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 free shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cissp
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - June 17 2009 :  23:43:57  Show Profile  Visit cissp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I'm new to VP-ASP and I'm very excited about all the features in it as I'm learning my way into the application, it look great. I havea questions though and I appreciate the help:

- We are using the latest edition delux version
- We offer some products that are electronic download
- We have real time UPS and USPS working
Here is the questions. In our old ecommerce application, the software was smart enough to relize that the product require no shipping and doesn't display the shipping drop down or menu and takes the customer directly to the payment page.
How can I do this when the customer buys a product that require no shipping that when he enter his information to buy, the next step will be either a no shipping required page or to take the the customer to the payment page. Currently, the customer have to select the shipping method although there is no shipping required and he/she have to select no shipping in order to continue. the problem is it looks un-professional and for other orders that require shipping customers can select the no shipping option then they get an error that they must select a shipping method.

- The other issue, on the home page and under the best sellers or the featured product when on the left side of the page or the home page, when the customer click on a product it takes him/her to the shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes&bc=no
how can I change it so it take them directly to the shopexd.asp?id=4&bc=no

Thank you so much.

Andrew

I appreciate the help

Andrew

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - June 18 2009 :  19:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just select Free shipping as YES in the product page.

Regards,

Mark
Fireworks
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - September 09 2009 :  00:25:16  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
- The other issue, on the home page and under the best sellers or the featured product when on the left side of the page or the home page, when the customer click on a product it takes him/her to the shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes&bc=no
how can I change it so it take them directly to the shopexd.asp?id=4&bc=no
-----------
is controlled by templates
frontpage.htm is the one for the frontpage
and topsellers is the template for featured products

change the link from display to exd --
and make it mumber specific if you like////
if you want the breadcrumb, dont add the &bc=no

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute for Higher Learning
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - September 09 2009 :  14:32:10  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cissp

Here is the questions. In our old ecommerce application, the software was smart enough to relize that the product require no shipping and doesn't display the shipping drop down or menu and takes the customer directly to the payment page.

Thank you so much.

Andrew

I appreciate the help

Andrew

You can get a really nice Free Shipping GIF Banner for your header or home page right from my new website http://www.designerstyles.biz The JavaScript pop-up code used is available at DynamicDrive.com along with hundreds of other JS and DHTML free examples.

While this next site is still a work-in-progress, examples of some of the output files generated as part of a SEO campaign can be seen only on the Home Page main menu right now. I produce Site Maps in either XML, HTML, as RSS Feeds, as ASP.NET XML files or as raw text files. Ignore all the Joomla references, they will be removed soon and the site is strictly an HTML display only site right now.

http://www.21stCenturyeCommerce.com

By the end of the month, I will be producing about 10 human-readable and system consumable Site Maps and exportable product data feeds for Bing, Yahoo, Google, Ask.com, Google Base, Yahoo Maps, Shopping.com and some others as well. I can run almost all of these non-invasively from a remote site as a fully automated service using an Application Service Provider SaaS model without the need for any of your passwords. This is because of the fact that the calling parms for the product displays are well known and fully documented.

Let me know if you want to have me generate these data exports for your site every week or every month for submission to the various vendors.

Regards,
John B

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00