Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Some queries about VP ASP Deluxe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the-war-lord
Starting Member

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  20:48:34  Show Profile  Visit the-war-lord's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

I made a customer enquiry, but the form just keeps reloading. Really need some help so thought I'd post it up here.

I am using VP ASP plus for a website I built for my partner, and I am looking to purchase the Deluxe version for a new site I am developing for a construction company. I have a few questions

One of the main functions of the site is allowing customers to pay excess for insurance jobs. So the customer gets a quote from the builder, logs into the site and enters the code somewhere, and this generates the amount. This amount can vary from job to job.
I'm wondering how to implement that in VP ASP - would someone have to update the database every time there is a new job?

Second question, I saw that you can do bulk mailouts to all the customers in the database. I haven't used this functionality, but my client would like to send out a link to the News page via emails contained in the VP ASP database - is it possible to do this in VP ASP?

And last question, my client has just implemented a new SQL system which controls all the finance, quotes, invoicing etc for the company.
Do you reckon a really awesome developer would be able to build an interface between VP ASP and this SQL so when payments are made, it automatically updates the SQL system as well?

Thanks in advance everyone, I look forward to hearing your comments!
Ness

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 01 2009 :  03:35:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ness,

Thanks for posting.

VPASP has a feature called Projects. Projects allow you to create one of invoices that customers can log in with their email and the project ID and pay for.

You enter the name of the customer, their email, a description and the amount into the database and then you can send the customer an invoice via email using the admin system. In the email that goes to the customer you can include the payment link and the details they need to log in with.

We ourselves use the project system for development work so a quote is generated and sent to the customer with a link where they can go to pay if they accept the quote.

VPASP does allow bulk mailings however it is not a mature email system and is really there to do mailouts to specific customers. I would personally use a system like www.mailbuild.com where they are a dedicated email system and provide a great many tools and are very affordable as well.

You can export your customer details as a csv and simply import it straight into their system

If you have access to a SQL programmer they could certainly create a stored procedure or something similar that would go through the orders tbale and move any orders into your existing system.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - June 02 2009 :  19:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

VPASP does allow bulk mailings however it is not a mature email system and is really there to do mailouts to specific customers. I would personally use a system like www.mailbuild.com where they are a dedicated email system and provide a great many tools and are very affordable as well.

I second this. Campaign Monitor (they ran MailBuild) is fantastic and worth every cent.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00