Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Blogs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jyoti
Starting Member

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  01:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Jyoti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wondering if there anyone hsa tried to integrate blogs within the VPASP site? We're after product and newsletter blogs that might be sourced via a "NEWS" link on hte horizontal menu - ie, not leave the shop header and footer.

If so, were you able to use vpasp or did you have to use an external content management system?

Jyoti

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  03:45:57  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jyoti,

While out of the box we do not have a blog system in version 650 this will be a powerful new feature howver in version 700.

You will be able to create and update your blog through the VPASP, display links to blog posts on your home page and also have all of the normal blog features.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Jyoti
Starting Member

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  04:13:21  Show Profile  Visit Jyoti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam,

We're soon to be going live with our site but this is our main stumbling block. Great to hear its being created in version 7. (I know, here we go again, but...) Is there any sense of when it might be released?

Jyoti
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  04:39:27  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jyoti

Not yet. But soon I will be announcing the arrival date.

I don't want to give a date and then have it pushed back again so am waiting until we are firm on the release time frame.

There are huge changes coming in this version so it is taking far longer than originally estimated.

Thanks

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - September 09 2009 :  00:29:12  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Version 9.0 of http://blog.betaparticle.com/ is pretty good
it has a gallery, good archives and several templates (customizable)
Database driven
I have insatlled 6 so far

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute for Higher Learning
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly