Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 VPASP 7.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - November 04 2009 :  12:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And as Cam said 7 posts back from yours:

We are aiming for end of November, early December but as you can imagine these dates are subject to change. But we are gunning our hardest to have it ready by then.
Go to Top of Page

prodigalnoob
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - November 17 2009 :  22:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since this was posted in May, we're just wondering if there has been any updates to the release of 7.00?

SvenCondon
http://platformbedswithstorage.net

Edited by - prodigalnoob on November 17 2009 22:09:47
Go to Top of Page

MartinInarweb
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - December 04 2009 :  05:34:02  Show Profile  Visit MartinInarweb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any news?? I won't shave until to release the 7.0 :)
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 06 2009 :  22:59:44  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

Now I will not be saying too much but if you are thinking about upgrading your license before the new version is released to be beat the price rise I probably would not wait too long.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

stuart125
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - December 06 2009 :  23:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

I've been waiting for over 6 months now for a long-promised upgrade... and you've got the cheek to say we should upgrade while it's still cheaper?!!

Question 1 - have you got a release date yet? (An actual date, not just a made up one)

Question 2 - how much will the upgrade prices go up to?

I don't wish to sound nasty, but I'm starting to think I've bought into a bit of a false hope here.

Thanks,
Stuart
Go to Top of Page

PetarB
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - December 06 2009 :  23:12:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Original poster here!

It has been awhile. I have been leading clients on who are keen to upgrade VPASP, but I really need a solid date for the new release so we can start planning. Some really basic functionality which is on other packages are what they are requesting... I told them there was no doubt these would be implemented in 7.0 (and I believe they are) but I need to let them know WHEN!
Thanks Cam and crew for all your hard work. But we are impatient.
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - December 06 2009 :  23:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL. The poor guy. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Imagine if they went live and he had not given you prewarning and you missed on the cheaper prices.

I think he is trying to say version 700's release is imminent. I hope so anyway!!! Cam?

We are raring to go so release already!!

S.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 06 2009 :  23:53:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Scooter,

Good to see you are still here. Not seen you post for awhile.

We are going live this week everybody. Most likely Wednesday I have heard in the rumors around the water cooler discussions.

The pricing will be on the site when we release the new version. Unfortunately I cannot give more info than this.

Thanks everyone for their patience. It has been a long slog but we are nearly there! I for one probably more than anyone am very excited and eager. If only so I can let you all know a fixed day and stop coming back with delays.

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

stuart125
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - December 06 2009 :  23:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam, thanks for the update.

What does going 'live' mean? Is that testing or for release of the finished product?

Thanks,
Stuart
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 07 2009 :  00:01:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Stuart,

We will be releasing version 700 live for download and our new site as well at the same time.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

AccentAlarms
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - December 09 2009 :  11:27:45  Show Profile  Visit AccentAlarms's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From the looks of the website, V700 is live!

I want to tell everyone that I have V700 up and running and am extremely pleased with our decision to upgrade. I did stumble upon a few minor glitches, but I have to say that Cam and the rest of the gang at VPASP provided some of the best support and turn-around times I've ever experienced from any software. Of course, as most of you know this type of support is very consistent with their normal support practices.

Congratulations to all the people at VPASP who put V700 together; I know that many long days, a lot of deep thought, and testing went into it. I really am impressed and would encourage others to make the jump to V700.

My hat’s off to all the people at VPASP who put V700 together; I know that a lot of long days, deep thought, and testing went into it. I am really am impressed!

Sean McNeal
Accent Alarms, Inc
Over 14,000 Electronic Security Products
(877) 345-ALARMS
www.AccentAlarms.com
Go to Top of Page

AccentAlarms
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - December 09 2009 :  12:09:14  Show Profile  Visit AccentAlarms's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I should have stated that all of the glitches were (1) very minor - nothing that caused me any loss of revenue and were more "cosmetic" than functional and (2) were very quickly resolved by the gang at VPASP. Additionally, my initial version of V700 was not the final release product that is currenlty avaialbe. I have only postive things to say about V700. :)

Sean McNeal
Accent Alarms, Inc
Over 16,000 Electronic Security Products
www.AccentAlarms.com
Go to Top of Page

TheParson
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - December 09 2009 :  14:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
forgive my ignorance as a non-programmer for this question. I have 6.5 and have yet to launch my site. Should I upgrade now? If so, how hard is it to upgrade? Is it straightforward file overwriting? Will all my products and settings show up after I upgrade?

Once again, sorry for all the stupid questions, but I have no idea if it's worth hiring a programmer to do this for me right now or not.
Go to Top of Page

Dutch_guy
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - December 09 2009 :  14:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this sounds rude, but at first sight I'm quite disappointed from what I see.

Every single feature I see, I already implemented myself in 6.5, ISAPI_REWRITE, tabs with the products, layout in css, multiple images, progressbar at checkout, etc.

I also improved the customer information form. Why isn't that improved ? What about the backend of the shop ? Can you easily make invoices now ? I made a complete invoice-to-PDF module. That should be standard. Nowadays people are quite spoiled with all the features that for instance Magento has, than this looks like a disapointment to me.

Please prove me I'm wrong

Edited by - Dutch_guy on December 09 2009 14:52:17
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - December 09 2009 :  15:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dutch_guy,

How did you do the invoice to pdf module?
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch_guy

Sorry if this sounds rude, but at first sight I'm quite disappointed from what I see.

Every single feature I see, I already implemented myself in 6.5, ISAPI_REWRITE, tabs with the products, layout in css, multiple images, progressbar at checkout, etc.

I also improved the customer information form. Why isn't that improved ? What about the backend of the shop ? Can you easily make invoices now ? I made a complete invoice-to-PDF module. That should be standard. Nowadays people are quite spoiled with all the features that for instance Magento has, than this looks like a disapointment to me.

Please prove me I'm wrong

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00