Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 VPASP 7.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

stuart125
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - September 14 2009 :  02:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam, what's the latest with the new version? I'm sure it must be due for release soon!

Also - have you managed to compile a list of new features?

Thanks, Stuart
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 14 2009 :  11:27:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Stuart,

We finally have a features page ready for display:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp700_planning.htm

We are also looking at making some short movies with walk throughs for the new features in 700. Watch this space!

We still do not have a fixed date on delivery of 700 but things are moving well.

If anyone has questions please let me know!!

Sorry for the delay as well to everyone. This has been the biggest development change yet since VPASP was first created so it has taken us a lot longer than expected.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - September 14 2009 :  17:13:09  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All the new changes sound great. I can't wait to see it! Any new feature improvements like text boxes with letter & word counting for adding charges to customized products? I am amazed that this has never been implemented before - unless I just never saw it in 6.50

By "moving well", does that mean if I purchase an extension for support/upgrades now that my year's worth of upgrades won't run out waiting for the new version to be released like it did when I was waiting for version 6 to be released? I purchased an extension for upgrades right before the version was suppose to be released but it kept getting pushed back over and over again until my upgrade time totally expired!

Thanks,
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - September 14 2009 :  17:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had a look and it's looking good.

Although I'm not looking forward to upgrading all our sites

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - September 14 2009 :  17:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry just had a thought.

As you may know we've started to move our sites over to css and we've had serious trouble with them being compatible to IE6. Will all the templates and css files have been tested to IE6?

Before anyone says it I know IE6 is old and people should upgrade but 25% of our visitors are still using it so there is no way I would lock out a quarter of potential buyers.

Just a thought.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 14 2009 :  19:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LisaGriff

By "moving well", does that mean if I purchase an extension for support/upgrades now that my year's worth of upgrades won't run out waiting for the new version to be released like it did when I was waiting for version 6 to be released?

I'm presently considering this also. If I extend my license now, does this allow use of version 7 when released?

quote:
Originally posted by support

We are also looking at making some short movies with walk throughs for the new features in 700. Watch this space!

We still do not have a fixed date on delivery of 700 but things are moving well.

If anyone has questions please let me know!!

Looks great Cam!

One question - is the customers shopping cart still session based, rather than using cookies?
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 14 2009 :  19:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve2507

Before anyone says it I know IE6 is old and people should upgrade but 25% of our visitors are still using it so there is no way I would lock out a quarter of potential buyers.

Sadly true.

It's down to 8% for us now, so it seems to be finally improving a bit. Still doesn't mean we can forget about it...
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 15 2009 :  00:44:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, to try to answer everyone.

We will be testing the front end in all major browsers to ensure compatibility. For older browsers there may be slight issues with the display as a result of the new features but these should be minor and will not affect the functionality.

I cannot give you a fixed date on the new release being set free just yet but it is not far away now. If you were to upgrade your license now you would certainly be able to download for free.

We are using a merge between sessions, cookies and database records so you will be ale to have your products persist in the database even after the customer has left so it will still be there when they return a day or a week later.

I will try to get the marketing team to move a bit quicker so we can get some videos of the new version up for everyone to have look at.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jhoiland
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - September 22 2009 :  18:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Currently in dev on a vpasp site and will probably be migrating several existing clients from v6.5. I would be interested in beta testing 7. Please get in touch with me.

JH
mailto:[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 22 2009 :  22:13:18  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

Great talking with you earlier. As discussed i will be sending out a new newsletter when the beta release is ready and will include instructions on how everyone who is interested can sign up for the beta plan.

We are very much looking forward to everyone's feedback on 700.

Thanks!

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

glit16
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - October 05 2009 :  01:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how does version 7.0 differ from the other version?
what makes it different?

what are the new features of it.?

http://www.1st-credit.dpcregistry.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 05 2009 :  01:53:17  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

You can see a summary here:

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Dutch_guy
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - October 13 2009 :  09:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there any changes made in the backend of the shop ?

For instance better invoice handling ?

For our shop I made a custom invoice tool integrated in the shop.

It generates a PDF invoice for me on the fly, no component needed. I also made the option to directly mail it to my merchant or to the customer.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 13 2009 :  10:08:12  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have made a lot of changes to the back end however we have not crated a PDF module.

If you have this packaged up io am sure other customers would love to be able to add this to their site?

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - October 14 2009 :  08:22:10  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is the online template editor the same as the one used in the Your Virtual Store Oxford cart? Just wondering because I had problems with that where if you made changes to the css file manually, then you couldn't use the editor unless you changed all the settings in the database too or it would overwrite any manual changes with any old settings still in the database the next time you updated anything through the editor. Or maybe it was the other way around....it's been a long while, but I know it was something like that. I had to straighten things out more than once!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00