Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Display Addl Content on Home Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  09:55:25  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To better use VP-ASP for content management, I would like to display the home page content (set as home via the CMS) in addition to a content type of "home-right" on the right side.

How do I get this type to display on the home page?

I see in tmp_default that I can add a column on the right to display this information, but what would be the best way to call it? I know in straight ASP how I could do it, but that seems to break things in this cart, and I figure I can save some time by asking first!

(Yes, I know I can buy something from BYZ, but I am not interested in that at the moment.)

Thanks in advance.

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  10:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may have misunderstood your question ,but do you mean that you have a 3 column layout and you wish to display the content on the right menu ?

I dont think this can be done through template. You will definitely need to write up an ASP code to retrieve the content from the database and then display it on the right column.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:51:39  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know you said you're not interested in what we've got, but in case anyone else is reading the topic and wonders how it can be done:

BYZ110 - Content Management Enhancements for VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=224&opu=n

That'll allow you to call any given content record in any given page/panel.

It also has the benefit/option that you can create static content filenames (but still using dynamic content) by just typing in the filename in the content record, saving it, then pressing the "create file" link.

What you're after doing is basically exactly what BYZ110 does, and it took a lot of effort to get it working properly without causing conflicts with the rest of vpasp.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)