VP-ASP New User
Posted - April 06 2009 : 15:34:02
| the use of ocurrency rate is a mess in VPASP 6.5
Suffice it to say it is not set up correctly.
this is how it should work in all scenarios
1. a person goes to the site and wants to shop in an alternate currency - pull the rate from currencyvalues (VPASP currently set up this way)
2. a person leaves the site and comes back later and starts to shop again - pull the new rate from currencyvalues NOT WEBSESS (VPASP is NOT currently set up this way it pulls from websess and gets an outdated xrate)
3. the person goes to checkout their order - pull rate from currencyvalues if websess is still a bug (VPASP is NOT currently set up this way it pulls from websess and gets an outdated xrate)
4. order is put in the database - use the current rate from currencyvalues (VPASP is NOT currently set up this way it pulls from websess and gets an outdated xrate)
5. order is viewed by customer - show with the rate used when the order was placed.... this is NOT how it is currently loading. THIS IS A BIG ONE. You get all sorts of issues with customers who can't figure out how much they were charged and why it shows differently. VPASP currently shows the customer what the order would have been if it was placed with the current xrate which is not relevant at all. The xrate can be shown on this page but that is hardly helpful as customers will not do the math before realizing that isn't the rate being used to show their totals.
6. there should also be an option to store the xrate in the order for ALL orders - this is for people like me who sell in USD as a base currency but are not in the US. I have added this but now my admin shows up in all CAD regardless of currency charged in.