Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Currency and websess
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theringlord
VP-CART New User

107 Posts

Posted - April 06 2009 :  15:34:02  Show Profile  Visit theringlord's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the use of ocurrency rate is a mess in VPASP 6.5

Suffice it to say it is not set up correctly.

this is how it should work in all scenarios

1. a person goes to the site and wants to shop in an alternate currency - pull the rate from currencyvalues (VPASP currently set up this way)

2. a person leaves the site and comes back later and starts to shop again - pull the new rate from currencyvalues NOT WEBSESS (VPASP is NOT currently set up this way it pulls from websess and gets an outdated xrate)

3. the person goes to checkout their order - pull rate from currencyvalues if websess is still a bug (VPASP is NOT currently set up this way it pulls from websess and gets an outdated xrate)

4. order is put in the database - use the current rate from currencyvalues (VPASP is NOT currently set up this way it pulls from websess and gets an outdated xrate)

5. order is viewed by customer - show with the rate used when the order was placed.... this is NOT how it is currently loading. THIS IS A BIG ONE. You get all sorts of issues with customers who can't figure out how much they were charged and why it shows differently. VPASP currently shows the customer what the order would have been if it was placed with the current xrate which is not relevant at all. The xrate can be shown on this page but that is hardly helpful as customers will not do the math before realizing that isn't the rate being used to show their totals.

6. there should also be an option to store the xrate in the order for ALL orders - this is for people like me who sell in USD as a base currency but are not in the US. I have added this but now my admin shows up in all CAD regardless of currency charged in.

theringlord
VP-CART New User

107 Posts

Posted - April 06 2009 :  16:20:56  Show Profile  Visit theringlord's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE:
ADMIN PULLS FROM CURRENT sesson as well - so ALL my orders show in the rate aht is currently hte session rate.
orders that are already placed should show the rate from when they were placed in admin as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00