Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 exclude one category or product from coupon??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sew-N-2-U
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - March 30 2009 :  18:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to exclude just one category/product without typing in all category numbers in the coupon?? I have one category that is already discounted so I want to eliminate this category from the coupon use.
Thanks!
Patty

dreamcatchers
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  13:43:13  Show Profile  Visit dreamcatchers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have the same issue. Did a method to do this get figured out?

Ramon Smitherman
Go to Top of Page

Sew-N-2-U
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  10:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes!! I found some old info on another post that I have pasted here for you.

The coupon can apply to only certain categories or certain products. You must add either all of the categories or all of the products that this coupon applies to.A real pain if you wish to exclude only 1 product from the 100.

To fix this you could change the effecting sub to do an exclude instead of an include. That way whatever is in CouponProducts or CouponCategories would reject the coupon. Now you only have to list the one product.

In shopcoupon.asp around line 150 in Sub Match swap rc=0 and rc=4 places. Make the rc=0 a 4 and vise versa. Now it excludes instead of includes.

The line in my code was around 222, but if you look for SUB MATCH, and change those 2 values there, you should be ok. You will then have to create the coupon and put in the categories to exclude. I had my product under a higher category, so I had to put the actual product category, not the higher category to get it to exclude it from the discount.

Patty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00