Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 order confirmation email not working properly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sew-N-2-U
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - March 21 2009 :  16:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
My host/developer changed mail servers on me over a year ago. All was working well until then. Now, when I get an email order confirmation, the TO and FROM are both my email addresses. It shows the customer's last name, with my email address. My host/developer has let this issue go for more than a year and it has become annoying. I am taking over my site management and need to fix this. It also does this for the Contact Us button. I was hoping an upgrade to 6.5 would fix it, but no luck. Any ideas?

Patty

Sew-N-2-U
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - April 08 2009 :  23:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok...been trying to solve this. I found that the xmailfrommerchant was set to yes. This solved the issue of emails coming with my email in the from line, but now I am not getting acknowledgements. I did a test and it passed. I have checked all settings for emailing a confirmation, but no joy. I get acknowledgements as long as I havexmailfrommerchant set to YES.
Any input would be welcome.
Thanks,
Patty
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 09 2009 :  03:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Patty,

it's meant to be set up the way you described. If you have xmailfrommerchant set to Yes, and you are actually the merchant (ie it's your online shop) you will receive an email from the shop with the From and To fields the same. Same goes for the Contact Us. The email is sent to you by the customer from your site, it shouldn't have their email address in the From field. If you want the confirmation email to go to someone else go to Cart Setup -> Merchant Details and change xemail to the person that you want the confirmations to go to, but you still have to have xmailfrommerchant set to Yes.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sew-N-2-U
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - April 09 2009 :  11:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carol,
Thanks for the input. Having everything come with my email makes it really hard to reply to a customer. I have to copy and paste their email. Most of the time I forget or I am in a rush and then the reply shows up in my inbox. I did change the xemailtype to cdonts and set xmailfrommerchant to No and it seems to be working now.
Thanks so much!
Patty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00