Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 shopexd always goes to shopaddtocart???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trial_and_Error
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - March 17 2009 :  17:12:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

When I push the addtocart button from shopexd.asp, the shopper is always directed to shopaddtocart.asp.

Is there any possibility to avoid this?

I would prefer to go to the shopdisplayproducts.asp page related to the ordered product. If this is not possible, I would rather go to the shopdisplaycategories.asp page instead of shopaddtocart.

Are there any thoughts or workarounds about this or some hints to tweak the code? Has somebody already succeeded in realizing this?

Trial_and_error

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 05 2009 :  02:11:21  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
xproductstayonpage Yes or No
If Yes, when a product is ordered from the shopdisplayproducts page, the current page remains showing. If you are using the mini-cart display, that display will be automatically updated to show what is in the cart.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute for Higher Learning
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - September 07 2009 :  13:58:45  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wanted this too, as if you're trying to cross-sell products from the extended description, there's a chance the opportunity will be lost when the page changes to the shopping cart.

I had a poke around and came up with this mod to implement stay on page from shopexd.

Open shopfileio and goto line 1112 (approx), which is the start of the sub Handle_FormEnd. Insert the following before the line WriteForm "</form>":

'DH: add stayonpage to extended description
dim stayonpage, url
stayonpage=getconfig("Xproductstayonpage")
If stayonpage="Yes" then
url="shopexd.asp?id=" & catalogid
Response.Write "<input type=""hidden"" name=""returnurl"" value=""" & url & """ />"
end if
'DH end stayonpage mod

Seems to work fine, but no guarantees - I'm not really an asp programmer.
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  19:59:13  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Faolie
I have just paurchased VPASP 7 and would like to do the same thing i have tried to enter the code you have into the shopfileio around line 1494 just before the
WriteForm "</form>" end sub line
and right after the
sub Handle_FormEnd (ivalue, parsearray) addwebsessform line
This doesn't seem to be working for me.... any suggestions ?
Go to Top of Page

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - April 13 2010 :  14:21:41  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Windsurfer

you caught me there - couldn't remember this. Anyway, tried it on another site I'm working on and it worked fine. This site's still v6.5, though I can't immediately see why this should matter.

You have set Xproductstayonpage to yes? (sorry if that's too obvious)

David Heriot
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00