Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Database connection problem during upgrade
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mlopilato
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - March 06 2009 :  11:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am upgrading from 5.5 to 6.5
Database connection problem during upgrade.
When I run diag_dbtest.asp and click on 'Test shop$config' it fails with '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database "xxxxxx" requested by the login. The login failed.'
When I fill in the form in Method 2 it works. I copy and pasted the info from the shop$config directly into the form.

I'm using SQL2005 and it is an instance on the server(ie.. serverip\instance) (10.0.0.1\sql2005).

After more testing I found that in Method 2, I could type anything or nothing into the 'Server Address' field and it worked. Also I tried it without selecting a 'database type' and it passed everytime. Is there a problem with your 'diag_dbtest.asp' program?

Edited by - mlopilato on March 06 2009 12:42:50

rdemirkan
Starting Member

Turkey
6 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  11:07:12  Show Profile  Visit rdemirkan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
'[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database "xxxxxx" requested by the login.

For this error, You should give permissions to your database. Select Security option from left side (for sql server 2005) than click right mouse and chose New Login. (sory my english not good)

Edited by - rdemirkan on May 16 2009 11:11:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00