Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 ship selection error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - February 09 2009 :  19:22:50  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not certain if it is happening EVERY time, but recently when I have entered orders online for a customer, I've had a problem with the USPS shipping module.

I ran a trace on it, and the USPS calculation seems to run just fine. I enter the customer's data and create a new account, select a shipping method (USPS), then select what method within USPS (ie, Parcel Post). Everything is fine up to this point, and the trace shows that the calculations are being done correctly.

When I click 'continue', I get the following message:

"The selected shipping method is invalid for your shipping country. Please click Back and select another country."

This strikes me as odd, since the country is set to US, and the shipping method is most certainly valid here.

If I go back a page, select the exact same method from USPS, and click 'continue', I am able to progress without getting the error message. However, I am losing customers at this stage in the checkout process.

I am finding in shopcreateorder.asp that the message results from shipselectionerror. I have not found where shipselectionerror is set. Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking next?

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00