Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Installation Sql - database issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sachi
Starting Member

India
34 Posts

Posted - January 11 2009 :  12:50:12  Show Profile  Visit sachi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its been about a week since i got hold of Vpasp and i am yet to take the first step - i just tried to install a copy on my local server and i am running into trouble already.

I just dont know how to have a Sql database installed - is there a Step by Step Guide for Sql Server installation + Vpasp installation ( i know the quick start guie does give the info for config )

I just tried things out and ran into the following issues -

1) When installing Sql Server - i chose windows authentication.
2) Then i tried to change it to Sql Authentication.
3) I forgot to note the password ( or did it even ask for one am not sure - but i think i did guess the password later ), while i installed the Ms Sql server 2005 express edition.
4) when every thing was done and when i tried to run the convertsql.asp this was the error message ..

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Error Type:
ADODB.Connection (0x800A0E78)
Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
/vpasp/shopproductsubs2.asp, line 141

* Browser Type:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

* Page:
GET /vpasp/shoperror.asp

Any help from anyone should be nice - am trying to have vpasp installed and quickly design some templates.

Welcome to the world of Candle Expression

-----------------------
www.seventhsenseindia.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 11 2009 :  20:57:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

There is a file called diag_dbtest.asp that will let you know if you have successfully connected to SQL.

If you are struggling with SQL locally it may be best to start off with Access and then when you publish to the live site use our Access to SQL conversion tool to move all of your data and settings across into the SQL database.

Alternatively if you post a ticket in our helpdesk our support guys may be able to assist.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00