Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Cross selling product list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clicker
Starting Member

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - January 05 2009 :  22:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm impressed with the amount of work that has gone into VP-ASP. Excellent product!

When you edit a product, there is a list of all products available for setting up cross selling. The list is sorted according to the product ID.
Question:
Is it possible to sort the list by product ccode instead?

VPASP 6.50

Clicker
Starting Member

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - January 05 2009 :  22:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to replace catalogid with ccode in the call to the database but it's tied in with so many subs that I lost the thread.

Instead I changed line 897 on shopa_addproduct.asp from
sql = "select catalogid, cname from products order by catalogid" to sql = "select catalogid, cname from products order by cname"

At least I can find the cross selling products now that they are sorted by name rather than catalogid that means little.

I recommend that the cross selling product list be changed to ccode and cname and be sorted by ccode or better yet give us the choice of fields.

VPASP 6.50
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 06 2009 :  04:27:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you want to be able to enter the cross-sold ccodes in a list into a text field (instead of having a massive select-list) you could use our cross-selling addon:

Cross-Selling Enhanced/Secondary Template Fields for VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=221&opu=n

By default it uses the standard cross-selling list/data, but it can be configured to use, say, pother1, and then hold a list of ccodes in pother1.
eg so that you can enter something like "ABC1,GHJ4,KJG2" etc into potherx
That's optional (you can use standard admin data processes instead which is the default) but at least it's there if you need it.

It also lets you show cross-sold items which are relevant to the items you've got in your cart (ie on your view-cart page it can show you products which are cross-sold with what you've got in your cart).

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)