Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 shoperror.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - January 04 2009 :  10:14:02  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where can I find the copy used in the shoperror.asp page. I need to change the wording for my use.

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - January 05 2009 :  04:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

shoperror.asp displays many error messages which are generated by routines. The only way to change the wording of particular error messages is to edit the language records for the text displayed. You can search the language table for specific 'captions' eg not found.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - January 11 2009 :  15:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Open the shoperror file and before the ShopPageTrailer put in whatever you want.

We have a message (which is an include file) which says the product may be discontinued etc plus 6 random products.

The error message automatically generated is still there (e.g. colour selection needed) but then we can have our own extra bits as well.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop
Go to Top of Page

epseja
VP-CART New User

USA
61 Posts

Posted - December 09 2009 :  12:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, VP-ASP has a pretty shabby system for displaying error messages using the shoperror.asp page (sometimes using querystring variables to deliver the full message).

One sort of rough and rugged fix would be to give certain error messages a number instead of actual text, and then use vbscript to display something different depending on which error number is passed.

I use this method to distinguish between a dropped idle session, a canceled order, and a simple "you forgot to give this required information".

What I plan on doing in the future is completely bypassing the error routine (and the shoperror.asp page) and creating custom messages for every necessary individual circumstance. Unless VP-ASP gets to this first (HINT).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00