Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Long Short Description
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miketsi
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - December 15 2008 :  18:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using 6.5 on windows 2008 with mysql 5.0.45. When entering data to the long or short description I cannot enter any data to the database. Here is a sample of the data from the html editor that I am trying to enter. If I go to the mysql admin and do an update or insert the data will show until I try to update within the cart and it deletes the data.

"<p>2m Tanning Booth<br />
Contact our Sales Department at 111-111-1111 for pricing. <br />
</p>
<p>The elegant 2m™ gives the salon owner the opportunity for premium vertical tanning. The 50 lamp, 79” long Rave™ 180 APR lamps produce an excellent, all over tan in a 9 minute session. The overall height of the unit is 95", able to tan your tallest customers. Additionally, 29 cooling fans exhaust the heat and bathe your customers in a whirlwind of air. The exterior finish is a beautiful asset to any salon. Frosted acrylics and attractive blue backlighting are standard. To accommodate the 2m™, we recommend a minimum room size of 7’ x 7’. Constructed of solid steel and backed with unprecedented after the sale service, this booth is built to last. <br />
<br />
<br />
Specifications for 2m Booth: <br />
50 Lamp Heartland Rave 200 watt system - 9 minute session<br />
50 Heartland Rave 180 APR lamps<br />
T-Max timer on board (T-Max wireless compatible)<br />
1200 CFM fan on top for body cooling<br />
(2) 550 CFM fans driving the air-flow floor system for the body<br />
*70 AMP rated single phase, 220 – 240 volt with ground required<br />
(for optimum performance, running voltage should be 220 – 240)<br />
*51 AMPS initial start up, 52 AMPS running @ 220 VAC<br />
2.0 KVA Buck/Booster transformer required if outside 220 – 240 VAC<br />
7’ X 7’ minimum room size required without dressing room<br />
2 Ton (24,000 BTU) minimum A/C dedicated to room<br />
Without dressing room: <br />
Shipping Weight: 1316lbs<br />
Dimensions: 62”W X 68”D X 95”H<br />
Optional: With dressing room<br />
Shipping weight: 1689lbs<br />
Dimensions: 70”W X 95”D X (allow 20” for complete door swing)<br />
5 Year Limited Warranty</p>
<p> <br />
Type B seal tight connector supplied. Located on side of ballast tray on rear of booth. Type B flexible conduit required. *Actual amp reading will vary depending on voltage-electrician must calculate load/line side amps when using a Buck/Boost transformer to insure proper wire gauge and breaker size. Minimum 4 gauge wire size is recommended for this 70 amp circuit to allow less than 2% voltage drop up to 120 feet. Licensed electrician must refer to National Electric Codes when determining proper wire gauge and breaker size for each application. All specifications are subject to change. <br />
</p>
"

ave_arabella
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - March 10 2009 :  18:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The character count is generally limited to 2000. If you paste your description on MS Word and do a character count, you get 2342. mysql doesn't truncate it - it just ignores it!
Two solutions:
1) edit all descriptions to be less than 2000 characters (including spaces).
2) have someone with permissions on the mysql database to increase the size of the 'short description' character limit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00