Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Product Match
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bpwilldo
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - November 21 2008 :  11:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where all one would need to change the code so you can use the productmatch feature to display items from one inventory in four carts? The current one field method is exclusive. I would like to show ANY item in one, any or all carts. Or, perhaps I am missing some other method. Thanks in advance.
BP

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 25 2008 :  06:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

for each product that you want to show in all 4 shops you need to leave the product record field MatchProduct blank. For any products that you only want to show in 1 or 2 shops you need to specify using a comma delimited list of which shops eg. shop1,shop3

There is a section in the v6.5 manual which explains setting up multiple shops from one database. (Page 199)

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

bpwilldo
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - November 25 2008 :  10:17:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. We're using 6.08. Apparently some code was changed. This doesn't work. Do you know for a fact it works in 6.5? If so, it may be worth searching through the code to see what is different. Thanks
BP
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 26 2008 :  03:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know 100% if it works because we haven't set anything like this up with our site, but I'm fairly sure it does exactly what it says it does. Maybe someone else in the forums who uses this feature could confirm.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

bpwilldo
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - December 03 2008 :  15:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quite a lot has changed in productcreatesql, displaycategories and productsubs. Perhaps other places as well. Either the new code isn't capatible with the old or our customizations or both. In any case, there are issues trying to use the new subroutines with v 6.08. Oh well, it was worth a look. I've put in a ticket for help in simply having the logic look to a field other than productmatch.
BP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00