Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Import from VPASP exported file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thunderhawk
Starting Member

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - November 13 2008 :  05:42:49  Show Profile  Visit thunderhawk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I have exported file - products, from VPASP 6.5 and have changed only categories numbers nothing else.

After trying to import it back, I have lot of error messages.
Have discovered next things....

If there are any HTML tags - not possible to import.
If short or long descriptions are over 255 character - not possible to import.
If there are any carriage return characters (when you press enter during writing of the description in the form)- not possible to import.

This is really problematic since there are 90000 products with the description and everything is done through VPASP.

Does anyone have any clue on how to solve this?
I mean it is really a huge problem not be able to import your own exports from the same system....

Cheers!

pferrei
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 13 2008 :  06:44:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe it is a bug with the import feature. In my case, with the category table I have 600 categories that I frequently update throught a bulk import (obtained directly from a VPASP category export).

If there are fields with empty/null values in the import text file (for example if you want to null-out a specific field that previously had data) it will not update those values.

Anyone else with this problem?
Regards
Pedro Ferreira

quote:
Originally posted by thunderhawk

Hello!

I have exported file - products, from VPASP 6.5 and have changed only categories numbers nothing else.

After trying to import it back, I have lot of error messages.
Have discovered next things....

If there are any HTML tags - not possible to import.
If short or long descriptions are over 255 character - not possible to import.
If there are any carriage return characters (when you press enter during writing of the description in the form)- not possible to import.

This is really problematic since there are 90000 products with the description and everything is done through VPASP.

Does anyone have any clue on how to solve this?
I mean it is really a huge problem not be able to import your own exports from the same system....

Cheers!

Edited by - pferrei on November 13 2008 06:46:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00