Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Google Website Optimizer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - November 11 2008 :  15:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to set up a test regarding the image for the buy button, where we test whether one buy button is better than another.

But I am having severe problems getting it to work.

The instructions for it are at:

http://www.google.com/support/websiteoptimizer/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61201

but when I try and add the script to shopfileio.asp and shopproductformat.asp the button image isn't shown.

I've obviously changed the code to show a button instead of an image but no joy.

I then tested it by simply putting the code below the button code so that the button still showed but then another image should be showing underneath. Again no joy.

Has anyone done this with VP and if so how on earth did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  11:16:47  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is it that you are doing... I don't really understand the question.

You are trying to use different images for the buy buttons to see if one encourages more purchases than the other? Am I correct?

That is something separate from google. That is the shopping cart.
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  11:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by savvymedias

What is it that you are doing... I don't really understand the question.

You are trying to use different images for the buy buttons to see if one encourages more purchases than the other? Am I correct?

That is something separate from google. That is the shopping cart.

Yes I am testing different buy buttons. Google website optimiser is the software for this.

I have used it with VP for page layouts extensively and now I am trying to move on to buttons.

Steve

Edited by - Steve2507 on November 12 2008 11:38:21
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  12:34:41  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So your issue is that you can't get the buy button images to appear on your site.

Where are you doing the images? Just in each individual product? Do you have a test URL?

What works really well, if you haven't tried but wanted to, is to to a time-limited coupon with a count down timer.

Right now, I am at a kids play place, so I will check it out later this afternoon if you send a link.
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  14:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think you understand about website optimiser.

I am carrying out multivariate testing. It is nothing to do with having a test url. You need the asp code.

I do not want general marketing advice about coupons etc, I am only interested in help with GWO.

Steve

Edited by - Steve2507 on November 12 2008 14:03:21
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  14:07:15  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There seems to be some miscommunication.

You are having a problem with the different buy buttons appearing on the site. Which buy buttons are you having a problem with, and what is the error. Is there a URL we can see, as an example.
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  14:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you used Google Website Optimiser?

If no then you will not understand what I am talking about.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  18:32:41  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I understand what you are asking... I just am not understanding what steps you are taking and what the exact error is. You are too vague and I would like to help you if you could be more specific.

I have done online seo, marketing, conversion, etc. for over eleven years, so I am well aware of what you are doing, but I do not know what problems you are having pertaining to the cart.

Are you using the buy button image within each individual product, as part of the database, or just as part of google changing the code on the page or something else?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00