Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 UPS Realtime - Canada??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ITZ
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - January 29 2003 :  10:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to configure the UPS Realtime plugin to accept a Canadian Postal Code as the xMerchantShipZip?

Currently it will only accept US Zip Codes...

Or is there a Canadian version of the plugin?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 29 2003 :  15:37:31  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We do have a free add-on for Canada Post. It can be downloaded from our free-aons section www.vpasp.com/sales400/addons.asp

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

ITZ
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - January 30 2003 :  11:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, but the client really wants to use UPS for shipping.

Go to Top of Page

CobraNT
Starting Member

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - June 16 2003 :  09:57:49  Show Profile  Visit CobraNT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tested the UPS Realtime for shipping from the USA to Canada and it works great. The key is make sure you use the proper country code. For example CA instead of Canada. I have not tested Canada to the USA yet but I am sure it will work. This will cause an issue when the customer enters Canada instead of CA, but I am changing the country to a drop down box to solve this. Maybe (if not already done in Version 5) VP-ASP could make the Country box a drop down instead of open text.

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - June 16 2003 :  10:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for your information, shipping within and from Canada is far cheaper using the Postal service express service than UPS. Gets there just as fast and insured. Cross border and shipping within the US is cheaper with UPS. I also understand FedEx is really fighting for the business also in the US.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00