Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Different shipping based on country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bacwebdesign
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - January 29 2003 :  08:55:30  Show Profile  Visit bacwebdesign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am working on a site for a customer. They have their shipping cost built into the "other1" field. They were shipping only to the US and Canada, but with a new product line, they now want to ship to Belgium, Denmark, England, Germany, Holland(Netherlands), Israel, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. Here is the catch. He wants shipping to total for the US and Canadian customers, but he would need to email a shipping quote to the European customers. Any suggestions?

krish
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - January 30 2003 :  11:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in a similar situation too.
I need to display different shipping methods based on the shipping destination country. VPASP display all available shipping methods at the time of checkout. This can lead the customer to pick a wrong shipping method that is not valid for his destination.
How can we restrict this, so only shipping methods that are associated to a particular zone/country are displayed based on the shipping addres?
Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - January 30 2003 :  15:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The shipmethods table has a field called shiproutine. If anything is in this field, it is called by Sub HandlebyOther in shopshippingcalc.asp. You would write this routine such as CanadaPoste shipping. The cart would be redirected there to complete.

I method that I would implement.

Put a field in the shipmethods called country or destination or whatever is meaningful to you. In this field you would record countries that this method is applicable to. Might be Canada, US, other, Europe as needed. By changing the SQL statement in Sub Handleother which is in shopshippingcalc.asp, I would only pull in records from the shipmethods table that match the country field you just created.

Go to Top of Page

venkat
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - December 21 2008 :  03:13:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys.,
i know this is a bit old topic, but still iam having the same scenario..
i want to calculate shipping rate for all gcc countries as per the pricepercent and for all other countries it should send an email quotation to the customer and inform them on the shop checkout page saying "shipping cost extra"... any body acheived something similar to this.

please post, iam desperate and i have to complete this....

Venkat
Go to Top of Page

venkat
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - December 21 2008 :  09:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys if i distruted you people who subscribed this post.

i found my own way to solve the following

all GCC countries with shipping charge added to the total product cost, and other than gcc countries it'll show only product cost.

one step more: we can also supress the payment for other country customers.

Perfectly working!

Anybody have the same scenario (no neede to be GCC country - any set of countries). let me know, we can solve the problem.

Venkat
Go to Top of Page

hpride
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - February 15 2009 :  21:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can set it up to be country specific and have different methods for each. The user manual explains it all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00