Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 conversionvalue - adjust price
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anatur
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - September 29 2008 :  01:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Operating with more than one currecy you set a conversionvalue for each currency. However is it a way to adjust the price up or down? (For exs. when main currency is 100,- another currency set by the conversionvalue would be 76,48) - I like to adjust this to round figure like 76,- or 77,- even maybe 76,50 - hope I explain myselve understandable.

Also at the order invoice - is it any adjustment posibilities?

thanks

anatur
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - October 10 2008 :  23:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this is not possible - can someone please tell me?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 11 2008 :  08:44:42  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With standard vpasp multi-ccy you wouldn't be able to do that because the items wouldn't match up to the totals because it does the conversion to each item and then to the total.

it doesn't add up the converted item amounts and then create the converted total amount from that converted items sum, instead it converts each amount from the base currency, which gives you a different total in some instances when the rounding is significant.

If you wanted to do what you're after then you'd need to totally change the way that the multi-ccy system works, so that it converts the items, and then uses the converted sum of the items for the totals, and you also might want to change the base-currency amounts accordingly; I think it'd get quite complex.

We created a multiple-currency addon a while ago which converts the items and then sums the converted items to get the totals (to avoid rounding problems), and that could in theory be used to do what you're after, but it's a big addon which takes quite a while to get setup so we don't offer it off-the-shelf anymore, instead we use it as a base when people want the kind of customised tweaks that you're after for multi-ccy (it records and lets you display historic conversion, so you can see what people actually paid in their chosen currency and what the corresponding base-ccy amounts were, at the time of the order, even after you've changed the rates)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

anatur
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - October 11 2008 :  08:57:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Thank you for intresting information.

Even at check out - it is also no rounder field? That I see in many carts.

thanks

Terje
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 11 2008 :  09:03:52  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can round to however many decimal places you want via normal vpasp config options (xdecimalplaces I think it is), but what effect that'd have on standard multi-ccy is something you'd need to test out; I haven't tried it but my guess is that it'd make the items mis-match with the totals. Rounding up/down to the nearest x places is obviously different to rounding to, say, the nearest half a dollar etc though.

When we looked into rounding issues for our multi-ccy addon we couldn't find a reliable way to do it with standard vpasp unless you changed lots of logic across the cart; it ends up a lot more complex than it looks at first sight.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

anatur
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - October 11 2008 :  09:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon

I will test that out