Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Low Stock Warning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

printerwerx
Starting Member

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - August 30 2008 :  14:23:49  Show Profile  Visit printerwerx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Inside the back end (administration) I want to be able to see any items that may be low in stock and I need to know where in the item information I would put the quantity that would mark it as low stock.

Thanks

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 31 2008 :  06:48:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a low-stock-warning-level config option, but it's global (not product specific), if you wanted a product-specific low-stock check from the admin side to report on, then I think you'd just specify the low-stock level on one of the spare number/money fields (eg price2), and then run a fairly basic query from the advanced menu (or have a simple/dedicated screen to list them)

eg say you were using price2 to hold the low-stock warning level on the products, you'd then run a query something like this from the advanced menu:

select * from products where cstock<=price2

(the final sql might be a bit more complex than that, eg you might want to cater for null cstock/price2 values)

or, adjust the stock-low report to use that sql as part of its query.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on August 31 2008 07:34:03
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000