Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Pagination
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - August 26 2008 :  10:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been able to produce pages with different urls to the standard shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=

I've tried to set up the BYZ one but it doesn't have the flexibilty in naming the urls which our SEO plans require. This is one thing that is holding us back and unfortunately if I can't get it sorted I may have to look at changing carts.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop

webboy
VP-CART New User

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - August 27 2008 :  07:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do you mean by different urls?

Built for the future
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 27 2008 :  07:13:20  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
an example of different urls is:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=159

if you click on the demo link, you'll see that the paging urls hold all the search parameters that were used, so it's like a static set of urls where the session can time-out without you losing context, and allows you (or search engine robots) to page around on multiple tabs/windows/sessions without conflicts or losing context, and they're direct links to shopdisplayproducts instead of going via shopquery/shopsearch and then redirecting.

The idea is that all the relevant info is part of the links, rather than using sessions. The products-per-page, and the ordering is also part of the link. It helps avoid customers from losing context and generally lets them jump around without problems, while the search engines also like it because they're direct links (ie full urls, what you type is what you get, without redirection)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)