Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Showing and add css to subcategories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - August 05 2008 :  06:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to show categories and subcategories and add css to subcategories on the left nav.

I found that two things I can change "shopproductsubs.asp" line 1574to Response.write "<table width='100%'>" (this will change the subcategories width from 60% to 100%).

and
change "shoppage_header.htm" line 71 to <%NavigateShowCategorylist%> ( This will change to show subcategory in tree)

But I am not able to add id or class to modify it. If I add response.write "<td align=left id="sub">" in the line 1576, nothing will show up and I have to delete it.

Can anyone help on this problem?

Thanks in advance.

madbug
VP-CART New User

130 Posts

Posted - August 15 2008 :  16:41:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are using the default shop.css file (version 6.5), you should look into these few css class, they control the categories layout as well as the left menu layout.

In your shop.css
#left (this is the width of the left column, default is 25%, if you wish to increase to 30%, you have to change the #main width to 70% as well.)

other font or text sytle in left menu, please look into other css class, such as
#left h2
#left .box
#left .box p
#left ul
#left ul a
#left ul a:hover
#catnav ul
Go to Top of Page

elviscat
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - August 20 2008 :  18:40:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all,
I have tried playing about with the above css but to no avail . Can someone possibly advise, how i go about setting the left menu depth so that the bottom of the box is 100% and lines up nicely with the bottom of the site, as everthing below the left menu has been taken out now?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - August 22 2008 :  01:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mm what if you change this

#left {
/* Styles */
width:25%; /* Change to alter width of left column */
}