Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 How does it work with different currencies?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - July 14 2008 :  04:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am a bit confused about different currencies. I live in Norway but I want to set up an international web shop, so I am planning to put English and Norwegian language. And I am planning to add US$, Norwegian Kroner, and Euro.

If someone purchase an item in Euro, do they pay in euro? Or they pay in my default currency?

If they pay in euro, I need to have euro account with my bank, don't I?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 14 2008 :  20:28:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

The way the multi currency works is there is a base currency, say Norwegian.

You then enter the conversion rates for the other currencies in to the currencyvalues table.

The customer can select to display prices in any of the currencies you have listed and the price will change accordingly.

When the customer goes to check out it does not matter if they have the prices displayed in US dollars or Euros as the base amount is still in Norwegian. When the amount is sent to the gateway it is sent in Norwegian Kroner so your gateway can process it as normal.

It is only the display layer that shows in a different currency so you can have your bank account accept only Kroner without any problems.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - July 15 2008 :  04:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply.
This means that it is good idea to inform customers my default currency and the displaied prices are only indication because exchange rate change always.

Is it common practice?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 15 2008 :  04:05:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is how most businesses do it online as obtaining foreign currency accounts can be difficult and expensive. Worldpay offer this however they are fairly costly as well.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - July 15 2008 :  05:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you suggest good gateway except Worldpay?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 16 2008 :  03:16:20  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We cant really suggest a gateway as there are so many however we do support Netaxept in Norway.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00