Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Retrieve SQL Record
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rrold1
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - January 15 2003 :  17:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I hope that someone can help me with this. I want to call the keywords record from the products table into a sub but can't seem to get it working. I am running the SQL version of 4.5
I tried adding in shop DB around line 1365:

strkeywords = objrs("keywords")

In my sub:

Sub keyhead

keywords = strkeywords

response.write keywords
end sub

I have tried a number of variations of this with and without an if statment that I plan to include. No sucess.

Thanks,
Steve

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - January 16 2003 :  02:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems like an easily overlooked item. You do have something in that field for that record!
And the sub is in shop$db

Edited by - superal on January 16 2003 02:15:27
Go to Top of Page

rrold1
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - January 16 2003 :  09:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Superal,

I did have words in the field of the products table and have been working in shop DB. I emailed support and they replied that I should get an ASP book! I have already made a lot of modifications to the script but this one has me baffled. I am new to the SQL world so I suspect that I may be trying to use the area of the script that calls the items in an Access environment and SQL does it differently. I have spent a few hours tracing the data flow through the subs but can't seem to find the right area.

Steve

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 16 2003 :  17:20:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no difference between Access and SQL server in 99% of the code of VP-ASP. As a programmer you may be aware that it is difficult to debug code you have not see, not written and see only a fragment of.

I am sorry if our staff said "read a book". If you want us to take a look at the code you have written, please send it and we will give you our opinion but fragments do not help us at all.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00