Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 setting up products the right way.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pgrimpo
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - June 26 2008 :  19:08:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's what I've got.

We sell downloadable resources which are all bundled into series and weeks. Each Series may contain 3-4 weeks, and each week contains 2-5 different products.

Here's my question... what is the best way to organize this?

For instance. I want the user to go to the Series and see what weeks are available. Then go to the week and see all the products. Should I do this all through categories? Or is there a better way to group these with product features, or something like that?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 27 2008 :  03:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to keep track of the products being sold or downloaded you would be better to use categories for the Series, parent products for the weeks and child products for the downloads. That's only my opinion though

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

pgrimpo
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - June 27 2008 :  09:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I noticed that when I do this... the parent product price is not displayed, and the child products descriptions are not shown. Should I just have the parent product have a price of $0.00 and have all the child product descriptions inside that parent? Or is there a better way?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 27 2008 :  10:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will need to add [formatcurrency cprice] to your template to display the parent price. You could have a look at page 41 of the 6.50 user manual for ways of setting up and displaying parent-child products (Inventory)

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00