Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 How to get Catalogid to start at 1?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gymrat
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - May 28 2008 :  05:49:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have uploaded my products to MySQL db as a test. Now I want to delete all the products from the table and start over again. I could delete it on View/Edit Products page, but the counting of Catalogid continues. For example, I have deleted all my products (1-20). But when I tried uploading the same newly edited products table, the count started from 21. To reset Catalogid to 1, I was told to do the below:

As for resetting the ID number, you will need to run the following query on your MySQL DB :

Truncate Table Products

Does anyone know how I can do this?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - May 28 2008 :  08:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

you could create a text file with the query: truncate table products typed in it, and call it something like resetProductIds.txt. Upload this file to your site.

Go to the convertsql.asp page on your site. You may need to upload this page again beacause it is normally deleted during your security checklist (you should find a copy of convertsql.asp in your original VP-ASP files folder)

Type in the name of the text file you just created (resetProductIds.txt) and click convert.

Remove the file convertsql.asp from your live site when you're finished

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

Edited by - carfin on May 28 2008 09:51:51
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 28 2008 :  10:57:25  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
also, if you're running raw sql statements you could download our freebie:

Advanced SQL Execution:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=114

it's a new secured admin page where you can type in any sql statement to execute

if using that, after installing the screen you'd just type in:
truncate table products
into the box and press the continue button to run it

but, there are some raw sql statements which ado can't handle (such as replace) and which need to be done in the actual raw database and not via screens, but truncate should be ok.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on May 28 2008 10:58:57
Go to Top of Page

gymrat
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  00:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As always thank you, Carol and Simon, for your help. I've successfully deleted my products and reset Catalogid back to 1. Really appreciate your help! Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00