Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 replacing tables with divs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ianphillips
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  11:26:03  Show Profile  Visit ianphillips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is their a simple way of replacing the main tables with divs.

We made a layout using divs but it falls apart because of the way the tables are pulled in when you view a category page.

Anybody got any experience.

I had a look at shop$colors.asp but didn't really make head nor tail of this file

jimbabwe
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  15:52:46  Show Profile  Visit jimbabwe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe you'll have to go through and look at shopproductformat.asp and shop$colors.asp to figure out what is being written where.

One trick I use to try and figure out what vpasp is doing is by using the "firebug" plugin for firefox. Once it's installed you can right click on any element on the page and click "inspect element" and it'll show you the section of html you clicked on as well as all the css styles applying to it.

Once you know what's being inserted from shop$colors.asp you can just use a find/search on the code to figure out what's going on. Keep in mind the use of double quotes in shop$colors will throw your search query off.
Go to Top of Page

webboy
VP-CART New User

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  04:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what i did i placed the cart inside div container with a fixed width. Made the table for the cart to fit that width.

I'll pull up the code and have a look through it

Built for the future
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00