Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Different shoppage_header depending on resolution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  04:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have been going through our logs and it appears we have a fair few visitors using 800x600 resolution (and below). but our site doesn't look fantastic in those resolutions.

So I would like to have a set up where depending on the users resolution they get different shoppage_header and shoppage_footer files used. That way we can create a number of different files for different resolutions and hopefully pick up more customers.

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?

Thanks

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  09:36:37  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would bet yes.

The SHOPHEADERS.ASP file contains the short routine that pulls in the SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM file. Right near the top you should find Sub ShopPageHeader. Add some code to check for resolution and then load the appropriate header file. Repeat for ShopPageTrailer.

Sorry, but I don't know the code at the moment to do the resolution check.

Regards,
Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  13:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found out you can't do as I would like as you would need to get the screen width client side, whereas asp pages are ceated server side.

I'm going to add javascript into the headers and have a copy of the site in a sub folder.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00