Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Editing the text on the fron page - pls help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tj_fox
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - April 26 2008 :  12:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, i have recently been given the job of maintaining a website for a small business. In the past, i am told the IT guy would open up the homepage and go file -> edit with microsoft word. Everything would appear and he changed the text on the welcome page.

Can someone please advise me how to edit the text on the front page? thanks

Tommy

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 28 2008 :  03:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

editing the front page content is best done through the site's Admin panel. Depending on which version of VP-ASP your site is set up with, there are very good user manuals and online guides available to help.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

tj_fox
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - April 28 2008 :  03:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - thanks for the reply. yes i see i can access the individual files using the file manager hoever, i cannot seem to find the file containing this text. I have a copy of the manual as as far as i can see i should be looking at default.asp however there is no text in this file.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 28 2008 :  04:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tommy,

first you could try looking in Admin--> Edit Content and find the record called Home (or similar) Click on Edit. If there is no text in the content body section check to see if there is a file listed in the Template file. Find and open this file with a text or html editor and you should see the text there.

Hope this helps

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00