Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Shopping Cart Template File?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ehkomusic
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - April 24 2008 :  19:38:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a template file that controls the display in the shopping cart (shopaddtocart.asp), comparable to what the tmp_productformat.htm file does for the product display?

What I am trying to accomplish is removing the qty, unit price, and total columns to this page as I'm requiring the user to select a use for the "product" first as a determinate of the price.

So these columns are not necessary until the user makes their selection.

My page for reference:
http://www.ehkomusic.com/library/shopaddtocart.asp

Thanks for any help offered.

ehkomusic
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - April 24 2008 :  19:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose to understand fully, you'll need to add an item to the cart as well.

And if it's not handled by a template file, can someone direct me where the table is created. The best I can tell, it's created with this in shortcartformat.asp:
cartfields=arrCart(cProductname,i)
but where is this function called from?

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  22:32:30  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
damn, i wanted an answer to this too... lol =\
i needed it for a different reason - needed to kill the product name from the description, but not the short description. the combo can get redundant.
Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  22:53:10  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok, so there is an answer to this. looks like arrcart is not a function but rather an array from another session created in shopproductfeatures.asp.

Sub AddCartOptions (totalOptionPrice, TotalOptionDualPrice) is the function that does all the heavy lifting and defines the array.
in this function you will find lines like this
arrCart(cUnitPrice,scartItem) = ProductPrice which sets the product price into the array for a particular cart item. i have yet to poke around with what you will need to do with this info, but there it is, if your still looking - and good luck/test it alot! lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00