Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Ordering States as with Countries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SDCPieter
VP-CART New User

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - April 23 2008 :  07:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where can I order the appearance of states like I can with which countries shows up first? And if there is code to modify, where can I do that?

-

SDCPieter
VP-CART New User

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - April 23 2008 :  07:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also I'd need to know how to get rid of "None" in the state field as I want that to be required

-
Go to Top of Page

tpspsz
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  09:44:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with question. I'm in Australia and my customer does not want to see all the US states and UK counties listed before the Australian states. Most orders will come from Australia.

I've reordered the countries but this does not result in the states being reordered.

Short of modifying code (where?), the only "solution" I have at the moment is to "hide" all the US & UK states which seems a little silly.

IMHO, the "best" solution would be to automatically reorder the states to match the country ordering, a "workable" solution would be to locate the Country field before the State field - after the country is selected, the page reloads and the state dropdown has the states for the specified country only.

As a VPASP newbie, any help from more experienced users would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
Go to Top of Page

tpspsz
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  10:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

Have solved part of problem. If we ignore the "None" issue for the moment, the state ordering can be setup in ShopAdministration->Shipping->Xdisplaystates. In this field enter the list of country codes (AU, US, CA, UK, etc.). The order of the countries here determines the ordering of the states.

We still need a resolution to the field apparently being mandatory (marked with an asterisk) but being initialized with "None" and having "Select" as a user selectable value. If the field is mandatory, user responses of "None", "Select" or blank should not be allowed.

Help from anyone with an answer here would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00