Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 BYZ add-on problem with no response from BYZ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

allegro
Starting Member

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - April 21 2008 :  02:41:45  Show Profile  Visit allegro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't get hold of anyone from Big Yellow Zone and I'm getting rather frustrated. I even tried calling their USA phone number listed on their site, only to be told be a really nice guy that they've changed their number and I was calling his home. Poor guy! I wonder how many calls like that he's gotten! You'd think BYZ would change their website info!

Anyway, I lodged a support request on BYZ's site regarding a problem I've been having with one of their add-ons I purchased that I think is giving me strife, and I haven't heard anything back from them for weeks now. It's the Saved Cart add-on. Meanwhile, my website isn't available to people who have added items to their cart and then closed their browser for one reason or another. When they come back to the login page, they see this message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Anyone had this before and can offer a solution?

Thanks,
Helene

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 21 2008 :  03:16:30  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Helene,
I'm looking into this now, and will respond on the ticket when I've worked it out today. I've asked adrian (my boss) about the phone number issue and will update the site as appropriate today.
If it turns out that there's a generic problem with an addon then we'll get it corrected on the generic addon by issuing an update to it, and then anyone else who has the same problem would then get the solution too for free.

Sometimes there's a delay on support when the ftp pwd is out of date or if we can't connect to ftp because of an FTP IP issue, so if the ftp or vpasp admin login info changes make sure you update the ticket (or email me direct to: [email protected])

I think there was also a confusion about what addon it was (ie we don't have a saved cart addon, so it must be something else, perhaps a customisation, an addon from someone else, or another type of addon). By the look of it, this relates to the quick-order screen addon, so that's what I'm looking at at the moment.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on April 21 2008 03:27:14
Go to Top of Page

allegro
Starting Member

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - April 21 2008 :  03:55:55  Show Profile  Visit allegro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OH MY GOD!!!! I messed up! You're right Simon, it's not your add-on. It's actually VP-ASP's add-on called cartcookie for v.6.5. I should email them and ask them about it. My ABSOLUTE APOLOGIES for my post above!!!! You've always been extremely responsive to me, and so this was puzzling to me. It all makes perfect sense actually now and I my foot is appropriately shoved way down my throat!

Thanks,
Helene
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 21 2008 :  19:16:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Cookie Cart module is ours and we are advising everyone who has installed it to pull this from your site by going to our security section and downloading the patch.

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_security.htm

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00