Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Shipping Insurance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gledav
VP-CART New User

Australia
66 Posts

Posted - April 17 2008 :  19:23:37  Show Profile  Visit gledav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would like to implement an insurance charge as a percentage of total purchase. Can anyone suggest how to do this? Also, when will this be a feature of vp-asp? It seems like something that would get a lot of use.

jsjay9
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  12:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a SETUP field for this, but I am having trouble setting it up. (ver 6.5)

xinsurance [YesNo]
quote:
If set to Yes, the customer can select from insurance options at checkout. You must define the insurance in the Occasional Tasks/Shipping/Insurance section.

The "Insurance" section is not in "Occasional Tasks/Shipping". ?
Also (once I find it), I am going to force the insurance charge.

I will post back when i get it.

-JJ
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  04:57:31  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi JJ

Unfortunately the Insurance feature is not working currently hence why there is no information on it.

We have put in place some core settings for when we do get around to doing it but nothing as yet has been done.

Thanks

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  14:26:20  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I changed "Handling" to read "Insurance", and charge a flat fee per order. In the long run, it evens out, and everyone gets insurance for everything.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00