Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 new products are listed on the last page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

all
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - March 29 2008 :  23:12:30  Show Profile  Visit all's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, all,
Does anyone know how to put new products on first page of the category? When we add new product, it always appears on the last page of the category and we want freshly added products to be on first page. Are we doing something wrong?
We even had to create a page "New Products". Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 31 2008 :  08:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

if you go to your Admin panel, then Cart Set-Up > Products1 and find xsortproducts. The default is cname, but you can change this to catalogid DESC

This will display your products with the highest catalogids first.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

all
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - March 31 2008 :  22:20:45  Show Profile  Visit all's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot for your help!
Go to Top of Page

Al Gardner
VP-CART New User

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - April 03 2008 :  12:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have a similar situation, but we want to be able to pick the order in which they appear, regardless of catalogid, or name. With Categories, we chose the catextra3 field, and assign a value for sorting there and it works fine. For products, however, I chose the POTHER5 field but it throughs an OLE/SQL error :

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ORDER BY items must appear in the select list if SELECT DISTINCT is specified.

/shop/shop$db.asp, line 615 "

I didn't find a list of fields that are ok to sort on, but would prefer to be able to use a field solely for this. Where would I add the POTHER5 field to the query, to get around this error?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 08 2008 :  09:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Al,

did you enter pother5 (on it's own) to the xsortproducts field? I've just tried sorting our products by pother5 DESC (on our duplicate testing site) and it displayed the way I expected, but I use an Access database.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

Al Gardner
VP-CART New User

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - April 08 2008 :  11:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol,

Thanks for the reply. Yes pother5 was the only entry in the field. I don't know why, but when I went back a couple of days later, it worked fine.

The SQL error made me think that that field was not included in the coded query. Possibly VPASP refreshed the query later somehow.

IAC, problem is resolved now. Thanks for your help

Al

quote:
Originally posted by carfin

Hi Al,

did you enter pother5 (on it's own) to the xsortproducts field? I've just tried sorting our products by pother5 DESC (on our duplicate testing site) and it displayed the way I expected, but I use an Access database.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Regards,

Carrol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00