Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Overweight shipping message
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bergkamp32
Starting Member

Ireland
4 Posts

Posted - March 21 2008 :  10:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
If a customer selects a range of products that are too heavy for us to ship a message comes back saying:

"The selected shipping method does not have a price range for the weight of products in your cart. Please select a different shipping method or contact the merchant." on shoperror.asp

I want to change this message to something a bit more user friendly but it does not seem to be anywhere in the language tables. Does anyone know where I can edit it?

Thanks
Keith

cmsnetsol
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - March 22 2008 :  08:34:14  Show Profile  Visit cmsnetsol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well if it is not in the language tables it might be in the "realtime.asp" file for the shipping module that you are using.

UPS etc.

That message might come back as a response string from the shipper. You could probably find the condition and replace it.

Also I am trying something where for heavy items where you mark the item as free shipping, but clearly state the in description of the item that a freight quote will be needed. In this case my client does the quote manually and sends a final invoice with shipping to the customer.

Edited by - cmsnetsol on March 22 2008 08:34:59
Go to Top of Page

bergkamp32
Starting Member

Ireland
4 Posts

Posted - March 25 2008 :  15:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Couldn't find it as suggested by vpasp helpdesk gave me the following answer:

"The message is located in the file shopcreateorder.asp
Please open the file shopcreateorder.asp and locate the following code :
(around line 44)
shoperror "The selected shipping method does not have a price range for the " & theshiperror & " of products in your cart. Please select a different shipping method or contact the merchant.""

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00