Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 VPASP as front-end to a Brick & Mortar Warehouse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heinz
Starting Member

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - December 27 2002 :  18:36:18  Show Profile  Visit heinz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First off, a hats off to Howard and crew. Excellent product and excellent service.

I'm on the tail-end of rolling out a demo to one of our customers and as it merges cart with realtime I thought I'd drop a note in case someone is wondering if the two can co-exist.

A little background, we (Byte Designs) have been providing realtime POS/Inventory control software to mostly Automotive for 20-some years. In our forever trying to do the best for our customers we've been looking for ways to extend their Brick and Mortar to Online.

VPASP is used as the framework, but it has no data other than what's used to store the order and login information. The user is authorized at the warehouse and all inventory information, pricing, etc. is done in realtime via xml. The Order is submitted in the same way and printed out at the warehouse as a pick slip. Pricing is same as if the customer phoned in. There is no extra data maintenance for the Online Store.

An outstanding issue is performance, not sure how that will play out overall. We are starting with the host on a T1 and the warehouse a thousand miles from the host, tucked away behind a firewall. I figure that leaves some room once the customer likes the concept :-)

There are still issues to resolve but as I needed a break I thought I'd drop this note.

To take a closer look:
http://shop.bytedesigns.com/rp
Whse Name: demo
Whse Account: demo
Warehouse ID: leave blank

Heinz, a VERY satisfied VPASP user

Heinz Wittenbecher
Byte Designs Ltd.
[email protected]

Edited by - heinz on December 27 2002 18:38:42
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic