Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 userid and password in email
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jba
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - February 19 2008 :  00:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to include the customer "userid" and "password" in the order email confermation email. Thanks

yudevan
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - February 19 2008 :  13:22:52  Show Profile  Visit yudevan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this cannot automatically be done by using default templating system, because the username and password record are stored at customer table while the information at the email confirmation is stored at order table.

maybe, you can try to pass the username and password to the email field using session variable, but i think it will need code customization, and it will only work if you are using non template mail because the templating system has it own function.

try to post this question into helpdesk, maybe our friends there have better answer for it

=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=
Just Gimme a Byte of Micro!
=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=
Go to Top of Page

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - February 24 2008 :  20:59:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can. just add the fields to your template. I forget which ones, but check the database layout and use the fields that produce that information. Your confirmation will when include that information on the email to customer.
Go to Top of Page

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - February 24 2008 :  23:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe the templte for order confirmation e-mail can only retrieve record from the "order" table. I don't think the username/password are stored in that table.

You can, however, add user/password on the registration e-mail. Just add [userid] and [password] to tmp_registration.txt
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 25 2008 :  08:32:18  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if it's any help, we've got a pending change to our template-fields addon (byz033) which will let you drill-down to subordinate tables without having to muck around with the asps/settings, once that's released you'd be able to do what you're after without having to code-up any new template-fields in the asps.
it'll be a very useful function; it'll let you drill-down to any table and grab any column on the "reference" table, all via a simple template-field; I'll post on the forum when it's released. using this logic you can reference columns that aren't on the template-driving table; very handy. (classic example would be something like showing the supplier name for a given product, or, like you want, grabbing a customers field for the order's customer)

if anyone thinks this'll be useful, post here; the more people who show an interest the faster it'll get released.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 25 2008 08:33:27
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000