Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Export Problem.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - February 07 2008 :  07:51:32  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi -
I'm running version 5.5 with a MYSQL database, and I need to export a paticular category into EXCEL so I can manipulate/print some lists off it.
The problem I'm running into is that the HTML code in the extended descriptions end up screwing up the .csv file and I don't have even columns like I need.
The problem occurs when I export through VP-ASP Product module and when I use PHP to access the datbase directly.
Anyone have any suggestions on exporting the data in a 'clean' format that will keep everything in it's proper fields?

thanks

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - November 03 2008 :  20:45:57  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can anyone help with this?
I cannot export my products database, and I REALLY need to be able to.

I've tried PHPMYADMIN but it always leaves some fields out.

I've tried the regular EXPORT feature (vp-asp 5.5 mysql) and nothing ever happens. I set permissions for writing a file on the main directory, and still no luck.
I've tried pointing it to the other directories d:/inetpub/etc.etc. but perhaps I'm pointing it wrong.
Does anyone back up their products database on a regular basis that can be of some help? I was hoping to import the file in excel to do some manual inventory checks...

thanks much

--John Robinson
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 06 2008 :  04:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

have you tried using ftp to download your whole database directly to your local machine (inetpub directory)? You can then access it directly to export the tables as necessary. I suppose it depends on the size of your database whether this is an option. Unfortunately I can't be more help because I use an Access db for about 6,000 products and back it up every second day with no problems.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - November 10 2008 :  11:55:02  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip Carroll -
I haven't figured out how to ftp into the d:/inetpub directory but will look into that.

While I can export SOME records out from VP-ASP 5.5 by using the export feature (smaller categories that only have aprox. 3,000 items export out just fine) -

But my largest category (comics) has over 60,000 items and I get an error message every time:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

/shopping/shopa_export.asp, line 150

Line 150 on version 5.5 is this:

Sub FormatRecord
dim whatever
dim fieldvalue
Dim Msg
Fieldcount=0
msg=""
for each whatever in rsTable.fields

fieldvalue=whatever.value <-- LINE 150
if isnull(fieldvalue) then
Fieldvalue=""
end if
if Fieldcount=0 and ExportIdField="NO" then
else
If msg<>"" then
msg=msg & exportdelimiter & quote & fieldvalue & quote
else
msg = quote & fieldvalue & quote
end if
end if
fieldcount=Fieldcount+1
next
WriteLine msg
end sub

If anyone has any idea why it's failing (too large?) please give a shout back...

thanks

--John Robinson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00