Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 out of stock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

searley
VP-CART New User

169 Posts

Posted - December 01 2002 :  13:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like it so that when an item is out of stock, it can still be ordered, and change the message to Out of Stock (back orders available)

currently when the out of stock message is shown the ability to order is removed, how can i make it so out of stock items can still be ordered??

arielle1990
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - March 11 2003 :  10:54:43  Show Profile  Visit arielle1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Searley,

I've been having the same problem trying to get my cart to allow out of stock items to be ordered. I tried using the code you provided and it seems to have solved part of the problem. There is now a buy button, so it looks as if you will be able to purchase.

The problem is, when you actually hit the buy button it takes you to a page that says, "Quantity exceeds stock level (0)."

Are there some further changes that need to be made to the code to actually get it to add to the cart?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

searley
VP-CART New User

169 Posts

Posted - March 11 2003 :  15:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
erm, it is probably a setting in admin, i think i set it so there is not qty checking.. play with the stock control settings in admin

Go to Top of Page

searley
VP-CART New User

169 Posts

Posted - March 11 2003 :  15:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try xcheckstocklevel = no in admin.stock control

Go to Top of Page

arielle1990
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - March 12 2003 :  06:01:22  Show Profile  Visit arielle1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, works like a charm now! I appreciate the help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00