Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Set Price by Date [late fee/early bird]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maduko
VP-CART New User

52 Posts

Posted - September 23 2002 :  13:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to use our cart for event registration. Has anyone seen a way to set up "early bird" discounts for registering before a certain date? After a certain date the price goes up.

The only idea I have come up with so far is two different items. One for early and one for late.

ouresolutions
Starting Member

Australia
45 Posts

Posted - February 11 2007 :  23:07:06  Show Profile  Visit ouresolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever done this? I was asked a similar question today.

Thanks

Graeme

-------------------------
Our eSolutions
www.ouresolutions.com.au
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  00:50:51  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've done it before, but because the relevant site wanted to also be able to still cater for other types of discounts as well it was a relatively awkward thing to do as we basically needed to create an entirely new discount-type and then make sure that it was plugged-into all the relevant existing discounting logic (which is spread about all over the place; some in price-display logic, some in add-to-cart logic, some in recalculate logic etc), with each call to it doing something subtly different depending on the place where it was using the discount.

Discounts generally are a bit of a nightmare to customise; even more difficult than shipping.

I can't remember offhand who that was for, but assuming it was a paying client, if we ever did that as an addon (or as a customisation for someone else) then we'd dig-out the original code and hand that client a slice of the pie because from what I can remember it did take quite a while to get it properly working across the board and, despite our terms/conditions (ie any code we build becomes part of our internal library, as per any developers' terms), we always try and help clients recoup their costs where relevant for things like that.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 12 2007 00:58:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000