Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Exporting Orders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - September 15 2002 :  00:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cart I am using now automatically writes orders and customer info to 2 delimited files. I use a retrieval program that automatically gets those files everyday, and have a macro that automatically imports them into my accounting database, so everything is ready to go, for printing receipts, labels, charge slips, and for accounting.

Has anyone come up with a way to export orders/custinfo to files automatically? As the orders come in, or maybe like once a day? If not, does anyone feel like tackling it? Would this be useful to anyone else?

Jill

interface engineer
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - May 12 2004 :  13:53:26  Show Profile  Visit interface engineer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of my clients is asking for this so I will be taking a look at how to best go about it. Does anyone have experience w/ this yet?

Thanks in advance.

Go to Top of Page

atari
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - May 12 2004 :  15:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have worked that out for VPASP 5. Basically by choosing the order date, and clicking the button, it saves the info in a .inf file. We can then import that .inf file into quickbooks. All of our online orders can be put into quickbooks, CC processed, and UPS lable made and contacted with the click of one button. BAMN 5 min later it's all done (other then going to grab the product)

So yes, it can be done. BUT, it's not exactly easy. You have to have the script write out a .inf file to the exact specefications of your accounting software.

Go to Top of Page

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - May 12 2004 :  19:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what my old cart did. It was done in VB, not ASP, but I'm sure ASP can do it.

You could set it up to create 2 plain text files, one with the customers info, and another with the order info. The common denominator was the order number. You could choose which fields you wanted to export, and what your delimiter would be. The program then wrote each order to the 2 files, after the order was placed. The files were in a secure folder, similar to the one you'd keep your database in.

I used an ftp retrieval program to automatically download the files each day. When I opened my database, I had a button that ran a macro that imported the two files, and there you go.

The order number was the primary key, so only the new orders would import. When the files started getting awfully big, I'd back them up and then delete them, and start fresh.

It seems to me that there is a way in vpasp(or used to be) to print the order/customer fields to your browser window. You'd have to save them to your computer manually, I suppose.

Maybe support could give us some ideas, or maybe someone could do a mod?

Jill

Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - May 12 2004 :  20:55:50  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jill,

Do you just need information from the order table written out to a delimted text file? If thats the case, I can come up with something real quick for you that would do just that.

Let me know.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

ouresolutions
Starting Member

Australia
45 Posts

Posted - May 13 2004 :  00:44:58  Show Profile  Visit ouresolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Interface Engineer,
We have a couple of applications which we provide for our clients and which may assist you to meet your client's needs - Integrator and Offline Admin. Both are Windows applications which install on the client's local PC.

Integrator extracts orders from the VPASP online database and posts them to QuickBooks - either as Sales Receipts or Invoices. We opted against using the import method for posting to QuickBooks, as Intuit (the makers of QuickBooks) have indicated that they will no longer be supporting the import method. Instead we have used qbXML (Intuit's provided solution) which makes use of QuickBooks' own business logic to ensure that any activity satisfies that logic - file imports would bypass this built-in logic check.

Offline Admin is a more generic application which allows our client users to have access to the VPASP data from the desktop. Included is the ability to:
- do offline editing of the VPASP store data
- backup the online database to an online location
- backup the online database to the user's local PC
- print invoices, sales receipts, packing slips, address and shipping labels. Some of the templates use the industry standard Crystal Reports - which can be edited by the user with a copy of CR.
- link to offline databases/Excel for further post-sales processing
- and so on.

There is more information on our web site at:

http://www.ouresolutions.com.au

Thanks

Graeme
-------------------------
Our eSolutions
www.ouresolutions.com.au

Edited by - ouresolutions on May 13 2004 00:46:27

Edited by - ouresolutions on May 13 2004 01:44:29

Edited by - ouresolutions on May 13 2004 01:47:58
Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - May 13 2004 :  22:31:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the "Export Records" function described in section 8.6 on page 32 of the Merchant Administration manual not work for this?

The manual can be found at the following url:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp500merchant.pdf

I haven't done it yet, but it seems that you should be able to use this to dump the info you want and then import it into your accounting software.
Nathan

Go to Top of Page

waryo26
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - June 07 2007 :  01:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jill,
Did you come up with a solution for your accounting software.
I have the same issue, but it doesn't seems to be integrated in the 6.5 version.

I need to be able to import orders to my accounting software via csv file for example.

any info will me really appreciated

thank you
yohan
Go to Top of Page

Raymond
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - August 29 2008 :  20:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Raymond's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waryo26

Jill,
Did you come up with a solution for your accounting software.
I have the same issue, but it doesn't seems to be integrated in the 6.5 version.

I need to be able to import orders to my accounting software via csv file for example.

any info will me really appreciated

thank you
yohan

Yohan, HAve you found a solution for this? I have the same issue...Raymond

Raymond
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)