Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Simon Barnaby of bigyellowzone.com! *SOLVED*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - October 24 2007 :  00:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*See last post in this topic for details*

Simon,

In the last 7 days(!) if beeing trying to contact you via e-mail, phone-numbers on your website ( they are not answered or do not belong to bigyellowzone anymore) and via you support-pages (http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/show.asp) but I do not get any reply.
I've bought several Bolt-ons and payd an installation fee but since then nothing happend anymore and I'm left with half installed or none installed Bolt-ons.
Please get in contact with me, I see you reply here on the forums. You have my e-mail.

Regards, Norman

Edited by - i2Paq on April 05 2008 10:38:45

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 24 2007 :  04:33:55  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi norman,

yes; I'll be sorting it all out this morning; I'll contact you via email too.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - October 24 2007 :  04:56:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devshb

hi norman,

yes; I'll be sorting it all out this morning; I'll contact you via email too.

Simon Barnaby

OK, thanks.

Furthermore, I have a possible BIG customer who wants to build a VPASP webshop + your bolt-ons/hosting/templating.

Regards, Norman
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 25 2007 :  16:39:31  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if anyone else has a problem contacting us, please use our support area:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/index.asp

or jump straight to the "ask a question" link:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/step_one.asp

emails have a tendency to drop down spam filters at either end, and with so much spam floating around generally it's very hard to pick-out genuine emails from spam (and far too easy to miss/delete them by accident)

I think vpasp have this problem too, which is why they seem to point people to their help desk system instead of replying to emails; emails are getting increasingly impractical these days, even with spam filters in place about 90% of my emails are still spam, and I usually get about 1 every 5 or 10 seconds, so it's a huge problem.

any problems, just raise a support ticket; you'll get a much better/quicker response and can chase it up via the ticket. I'm happy to still use emails when they come up, but it's very hard to track them compared to a dedicated help desk system so sometimes some of them do get missed/lost/forgotten.

if anyone has raised a support ticket and not got a quick response, then just update it with a shouty chase-up and we'll delve into it; the new byk site has knocked us off a bit the last week or so, but now that byk is up and running it'll give us more time to deal with customers and less on admin, so people will get much better responses all round from now on.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - October 25 2007 :  17:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Simon,

Sorry to hear that the problem with the e-mail is taking longer than expected

As for my problem, it should have been fixt now.

Could you please continu with the installation of the VPASP Search Engine Friendly Page Generator and the other bolt-ons so I can continu as well?

Regards, Norman.

[10/24/2007 9:44:00 PM - support11]

Dear Norman,

We added the following code on your shopmysqlsubs.asp file around line 801-803

' added fix for ,

' 25 10 2007

curcprice = replace(curcprice,",",".")

You can now saved the price using , and also . i.e. 100.5 or 100,5

Regards,

Billy Bernardus
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - October 30 2007 :  03:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Simon,

I've got a reply from VP-ASP support.
It should work OK now.

Regards, Norman

VP-ASP wrote:

I have been to your site and double checked your code.

It would appear that you set xadminlcid to 1143 which is the dutch lcid value.

Unfortunately your webserver has the lcid value set to 1033 which means that numbers in the database get saved in the american format using decimal points instead of commas. This means that you need to use 1033 as your xadminlcid too and all numbers entered into your admin pages must be displayed and entered using fullstops "." as decimal places.

Setting xadminlcid to 1033 appears to have solved the problem.

Please remember to specify all prices/numbers using full stops "." instead of commas "," when in the admin pages.

Radek Rekas
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 30 2007 :  04:00:20  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
yes; I'll retest the bulk-sql-update following that change, and then see what else needs to be done regarding installation

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - October 30 2007 :  07:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi,
yes; I'll retest the bulk-sql-update following that change, and then see what else needs to be done regarding installation

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Thanks, I need to get my shop configured by the end of this week so I can continu with customizing.

Please do continu to install the rest of the bolt-ons I ordered.
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - February 05 2008 :  14:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

What the hell do I need to do to get you and your compagny to finaly get my site up and running with your add-ons?

The only seponce I get via you support system is that it will be done before the end of the week. But no-one tells me wich week it is! It has been 6 months since I bought VPASP and your add-ons and still I cannot do anything to get my business on the move!

IM FED UP!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 05 2008 :  16:41:16  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it is being done; the pending/new version of the generic asp-generator is being finalised; I noticed something on the pending version the other day which means another change is needed in order for it to work with properly with the pending/new paging; the breadcrumbs stuff is horribly complex on the static asp side, so it's taking a while to finish testing/tweaking the pending version; we'll get there and everyone who's bought the asp-generator will be entitled to a free upgrade when the pending new version comes out, but I must admit I keep getting diverted by people who've had their sites hacked (which takes precedence over generic addon enhancements).

we'll give you free upgrades to all the relevant addons once the new asp-generator has been released, and we'll re-install/upgrade those addons too; please bear with us for the moment though; things are difficult at the moment with the volume of hacks going on.

for the new asp-generator; let's set a date in stone here in public; if the new version of byz117/byz085 isn't released/live by the end of this month then put me in stocks and throw tomatoes at me.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - February 08 2008 :  09:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

it is being done; the pending/new version of the generic asp-generator is being finalised; I noticed something on the pending version the other day which means another change is needed in order for it to work with properly with the pending/new paging; the breadcrumbs stuff is horribly complex on the static asp side, so it's taking a while to finish testing/tweaking the pending version; we'll get there and everyone who's bought the asp-generator will be entitled to a free upgrade when the pending new version comes out, but I must admit I keep getting diverted by people who've had their sites hacked (which takes precedence over generic addon enhancements).

OK, clear.

My main disapointmend is the lack of communication from BYZ even when I use the BYZ support system.
I don't mind waiting, as long as I get informed.

quote:

we'll give you free upgrades to all the relevant addons once the new asp-generator has been released, and we'll re-install/upgrade those addons too; please bear with us for the moment though; things are difficult at the moment with the volume of hacks going on.

I understand fully.

quote:

for the new asp-generator; let's set a date in stone here in public; if the new version of byz117/byz085 isn't released/live by the end of this month then put me in stocks and throw tomatoes at me.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Added to my Organizer
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - February 26 2008 :  16:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

My I point out that today it is the 26th, 21 days after you promise to have everything up and running by the end of this month.
I looked today at my shop but nothing has changed up till now.
No login by you since 11/13/2007 11:22:00......

I've invested €400,- in VPASP and €300,- in BYZ and still I'm no were near of going into business with my shop...... sad.
If I would handle all my customers this way I would be out of business. Hé, wait, I'm already out of busines.....

Edited by - i2Paq on February 26 2008 16:16:00
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 27 2008 :  01:26:51  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's not quite the end of the month yet; it's still on-schedule to be released by the end of the month; I'll post here when the new version is released, and I'll then install it on your site.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  07:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

it's not quite the end of the month yet; it's still on-schedule to be released by the end of the month; I'll post here when the new version is released, and I'll then install it on your site.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

5 march 2008.......
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  07:15:12  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ah; sorry about that; I did the changes but didn't officially release them...
the breadcrumbs stuff is corrected/tested and working nicely on the new version; the new version hasn't been physically released yet, but it's all good-to-go (I've tested it with lots of different levels of categories and weird structures etc and it works ok) so I'll release it today officially on the byk/byz sites. i'll email/skype you about upgrading your particular setup this afternoon when the new version's officially released.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  10:41:27  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've now officially released the new version of the BYZ117/BYZ085 addon on the byz/byk sites; it includes updates to all the sub-modules (category tree etc) as well as the tweak to the breadcrumbs file on BYZ085 itself. I'll contact you (i2paq) later today to get those installed on your site.

in case anyone's reading this and wonders what this addon (the asp-generator) is all about, see:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=138

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly