Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Don''t want product details in my printout of order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RyanPF
Starting Member

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - October 22 2007 :  13:59:23  Show Profile  Visit RyanPF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, and thanks in advance for any help,

Currently when I login to the administration and go to "Unprocessed Orders" and then I click the Printable-view button so I can print the order.

When the view comes up it has the entire "Short Description" contents for each item my descriptions aren't short so I would like to remove this field from showing up in that display.

I've looked through a few files and I just can't find where to take out that one field.

Could somebody please tell me where I should be looking?

Thanks again,
-Ryan

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 22 2007 :  15:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You probably need the incvoice add on from BYZ. It is an excellent add on and one I would definitely reccommend getting.

They post regularly on here so souldn't be hard to find.

Steve
www.temptationsdirect.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 22 2007 :  16:16:56  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; would be a handy one to have, because there are various config options and templates etc that you can use to tweak things, if you can't get the final result that you're after then just raise a support ticket after purchase/installation and we'll have a look and let you know which config options/files/templates/bits to change etc.

Various formats that you can use; you can use any combination (however many bits you want to use; don't have to use all of them) - admin/customer slip screens, admin/customer/supplier html emails.

VPASP Invoice and Packing Slip:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

RyanPF
Starting Member

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - October 23 2007 :  08:10:38  Show Profile  Visit RyanPF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do appreciate the recommendation, but 40 euro is almost $60 Canadian, and I'm not quite ready for that yet.

I am having some fun exploring and learning and have reached a bit of a wall. If somebody could just tie a nice knot and send a rope down and I'll climb up myself. =)

Thanks,
-Ryan
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 23 2007 :  13:54:21  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if the description is too long, and you want to change it to something shorter in the cart, then as long as you want to use the same format for both the customer and the merchant screen, you can change this config option:
xcartfields

that lists the product columns that get taken across to the order item, eg you could change it from:
cname,cdescription

to

ccode,cname

or

cname

that's only take effect from orders created after you change the config value; that config option determines which values get added into the oitems.itemname column (and features get added automatically)

if you end up manually tweaking the order format asps, then be careful because a lot of the files are used for both the customer and admin prints.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 23 2007 13:59:17
Go to Top of Page

RyanPF
Starting Member

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - October 24 2007 :  13:20:16  Show Profile  Visit RyanPF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon,

Thank you for that! That will serve the purpose admirably.

I was going to change the template asp (but I couldn't find what I was looking for), since the cdescription field is not needed after checkout or for me in the admin.

What shows up now is:
PO111
100 - DY Cafe Roast pods - 9.5g
100x Distinctively Yours Cafe Roast pods. This is a medium roast. All pods we offer are a standard size which fit in most single-cup pod machines, including Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, and Melitta One:One. Roasted by Mother Parkers.

...and of course, not all of that is needed on the invoice or in the database. Only:
PO111
100 - DY Cafe Roast pods - 9.5g

I will await an order to ensure this works, but from your description of what the field does, plus your obvious knowledge of the product, I am sure it is what I wanted.

Thanks again!
-Ryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00