Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 My store forgets cart contents, and logins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RCWorks
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - October 21 2007 :  21:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have dusted off version 3.5, 4.0 and just downloaded the free version 6.5 All versions forget the cart contents of a shopper randomly, you can shop 1 page and add somthing and it will disappear or you might shop 6 -10 pages and poof, al of the suuden your cart is empty. Also if you log in as a shopper or and administrator it will forget who you are...

I think I have elimiated VP-ASP as the problem, I want to upgrade to 6.50 but unless I can solve this there is no point in doing so.

Also I host my store on a reseller acount on a server farm. I have placed it on 3 servers, 2 of mine and 1 I have as a resold install and that does not matter either. What makes it forget? Its not me or my PC, it does this for anyone.

Edited by - RCWorks on October 21 2007 21:49:54

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 21 2007 :  22:17:10  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

The problem you are describing is caused by the application resetting itself. When you first login to the admin system the shopping cart checks to see if the application (language/configuration) variables are loaded into memory.

The usual cause for this problem is if your web hosting company has your site running in a "Web garden" setup where your site is shared between multiple processes/servers.

Another possibility is if you are assigned to an application pool that has too many sites assigned to it causing each site to be intermittently recycled.

You would need to ask your web hosting company to make sure that you are not assigned to a web garden type setup and to assign you to your own application pool that has recycling disabled and the recycler process set to recycle your site only once at a set time during the day.

This should resolve your issues.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 22 2007 :  07:53:18  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
along these lines, we've just released a real cheapie addon to help test if your host is abandoning your sessions; it's only £5, and very handy because if it shows that your sessions are getting dropped then you can simply give the url to the host and say "there you go; told you so; can you fix it now?"

Session Tester for ASP/VPASP:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=155

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

RCWorks
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - October 22 2007 :  20:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I thought I was lsing it for a while.

I am reselling from M6.net on a "designer" package at 14.95 a month with with 17 domains... It Figures.

The nice thing about it is I resold 2 severs so mine are free...

Other than thet... I will asj the administrator to fix it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00