Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Home Page Navigation Bar Error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sakk
Starting Member

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - September 25 2007 :  07:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I am new to VPASP though i have been succesfull in customizing my cart but getting small problem with top navigation bar.

Please check my site at http://www.skystonetrading.com/vpasp/default.asp
and in the status bar to the left you will see the YELLOW error sign present.

This i have confirmed and is coming due to removal of top Nagation Bar from shoppage_header.htm.

We want to put our custom navigation menu so thats why we have removed the default one to appear on home page.

Please advise as to how we will remove the YELLOW error status message appearing in right status bar of Internet Explorer as it damages the whole look.

I am waiting for your kind comments.

Thanks in advance
Sakk

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - September 25 2007 :  08:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sakk,

instead of removing the navigation bar completely, you could customise the existing one. Open the folder /editor and open the file horonavbar.html with a text or html editor. Please make a copy of this file before making any changes. You can create your own custom table and links within this file while still keeping the full functionality of the shop header file.

It's not too difficult - I did quite a bit of custom work on the navigation bar on our site.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

sakk
Starting Member

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - September 25 2007 :  09:19:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carrol.

Thanks for posting me back, but can you kindly let me know if i can remove it completely as we are plannig to have a brand new JS menu accumudated here.

Please replu.

Thanks
Sakk
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - September 25 2007 :  09:43:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I know is that the shoppageheader file calls the horonavbar.html file to include in the shop display so if you remove the navigation bar code it will throw up an error. I'm sure one of the fantastic support people could advise you whether there is a workaround for this.

If you're planning a JS top navigation bar you could easily insert all your JavaScript code into the file horonavbar.html. I removed all the code from the original file and inserted my own table and Javascript code for the rollover switch buttons and it works really well.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

sakk
Starting Member

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - September 25 2007 :  10:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol,

Thanks Man :-) You are really helpfull.

Sakk