Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Product Dimensions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cvelzke
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - September 17 2007 :  09:19:10  Show Profile  Visit cvelzke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From reading other forums, I know it's possible to enter dimensions for each product so that UPS Real-time can accurately determine shipping charges. I just can't find anywhere that says how to enter the information. I found out where the information needs to be but I still need help.

I have determined that the 'xdimensionfield' has a value of 'pother5' in our ups_config database. What I don't know is what to actually put in the 'pother5' field for each product. The 'dimensions' field has a value of '4 4 4' in the database. Do I put just one number representing the calculated cubic inches or do I put three numbers as shown in the 'dimensions' field, such as 'L W H'?

Thanks!
- Carl

we're running v.6.5 Plus.

cvelzke
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - October 03 2007 :  11:19:41  Show Profile  Visit cvelzke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since no one replied to this entry with an answer, I will share the answer that VP-ASP gave to us by another means. I was correct with the guess that the product dimensions are entered as "L W H" (Length Width Height) into the pother5 field.

Hope this helps anyone else searching for this answer since it isn't clearly explained in the user manual or anywhere else that I searched.

- Carl
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - October 19 2009 :  22:48:15  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have products of various sizes. My smallest box is 7x7x8. I can fit 1-20 votive candles in there.

Obviously, I don't want to enter 7x7x8 for each votive. If I did, then whoever ordered 20 votives would be looking at a huge (and inexact) box size.

If I was to enter a dimension of, say, 2x2x2 for each votive, and yet ship in a 7x7x8 box, would that cause any consternation with UPS that I should be aware of?

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00